Thursday, January 13, 2005

"The Game" - chess anyone?

I was visiting a very good friend of mine last night and, snuggled up on the comfy suede couches with a steaming cup of tea in hand, we inevitably turned to the subject of men. This discussion though is not about what 2 women alone talk of on the Male Scale (I'll reserve that for another time), but about "The Game" - the intricate, carefully planned, strategic chess game of flirtation and love.

Admit it - we all play "The Game". Each level of a relationship (serious or not) has some sort of 'tried-and-tested' play. For example...you plan to go out to a nightclub - what are the steps that you take?
1. You drape yourself in your sexiest, most attention-holding outfit (depending on who you want to impress)
2. You check your hair in the mirror, maybe brush your teeth (in the hopefulness that someone deigns to snack on your lips)
3. And don't forget the deodorant - that specific scent that you believe will make the target swoon

OK, so now you're set. Off to the club we go! First thing you do when you're inside is look around - who's there and who's who? Select a few targets that you want to hit with your charm and sensuality (and also subconsciously tick off the ones you KNOW will not appreciate your generous advances!)
So the chess board is set up. The first move is yours

Guy: mind says - let's buy her a drink. So you go up to her and say something like, "Can I buy you a drink?" (very original!)
Girl: mind inactive at first - looks the guy over...not bad
mind says - is he the type that'll expect something back?
Guy: mind says - now she owes me
Girl: OK, he can get me a drink, but if he tries ANYTHING I'm out of here!

So now you're sitting at the bar, having that drink...

Girl: mind says - he's bought me a drink - I know he's interested; it's time to go to the bathroom and get the girls' advice......and off she goes (after mentioning something about "just going to the bathroom quickly")
Guy: mind says - I wonder if she kisses on the first meet (it's not exactly a date or anything). I'm going to try anyway, and if she doesn't, I'll try again

Anyway, you get the picture! It's not just one side involved in "The Game" - I know some of you boys think that it's only chicks that play games (she over-analyses EVERYTHING - all I asked her was if she wanted a drink, and now she thinks I want to ravage her and impregnate her and keep her as my "fluff on the side"!)

OH BOY ARE YOUR DREAMING! You guys are just as guilty in playing "The Game" - you just aren't as conscious of it as we are! Tsk tsk!

Hey! How 'bout you send in some of your conquests won through playing "The Game"? They say that learning from someone else's experience......OK, they actually say it never works......but hey, it'll be interesting to see how creative you were.........or not.

1 Comments:

At 1:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice article, totally what I needed.

Also visit my page - locomania

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





Previous Posts

Powered by Blogger

YG FLIRT FILES

Free Web Counters
Counters>